Website The Ear Institute of Texas
THE EAR INSTITUTE OF TEXAS
AUDIOLOGIST– POSITION DESCRIPTION
The position is responsible for the evaluation of patients with hearing loss, dizziness, and/ or balance disorders. Must hold and maintain a current Texas Audiologist license. Must have the ability to evaluate for and dispense hearing aids and/or other amplification devices.
- Conduct basic tympanometry and auditory testing
- Conduct ABR and ECOG testing
- Conduct VNG/ENG, VEMP and VAT testing as ordered by the physician
- Direct patient behavior and participation during all testing performed
- Draft a comprehensive report for each test administered. Ensure accurate information is included in the medical record, including scanning all documents.
- Instruct patients on medications and/or foods and drinks that may alter test results
- Assist with oversight of the audiology department technicians.
II. Hearing Devices
- Evaluate a patient’s candidacy for amplification devices as appropriate
- Maintain the hearing device storage room in a neat, orderly and safe manner
- Conduct hearing aid evaluations, checks, dispenses and repairs as appropriate
- Strive for a 70% close rate on hearing aid evaluations. Ensure that the patient’s significant other is present during the evaluation (as reasonably as you can).
- Clean/sterilize rooms.
- Ensure all necessary equipment is set-up prior to the testing
- Perform administrative tasks in a cooperative effort within the guidelines of the mission of the practice.
- Assist providers and others with the interpretation of test results.
- Order all necessary supplies to ensure adequate stock
- Report equipment repairs.
- Other duties as assigned.
IV. Customer Service
- Greet everyone in a courteous and professional manner.
- Listen politely to others and take any actions to assist them.
- Inform others appropriately.
- Conclude our interactions courteously.
- Always say please and thank you.
- Interact professionally.
- Follow-up appropriately and in all cases where follow-up is required.
- Work in good faith to resolve any issues or conflicts.
- Be considerate, cooperative and helpful to everyone.
- Hold ourselves accountable for our behavior.
Telephone and Voice Mail
- Answer the telephone as quickly as possible.
- Identify ourselves when we answer.
- Assist the caller or if we are unable to directly assist the caller and have to transfer we will share who the caller will be transferred to and for what reason.
- End the conversation in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Respond to voice mail as soon as possible during the work shift, but not more than 24-hours.
- Exceed the expectations of our patients, their families, and each other.
- Strive to anticipate the needs of our patient, their families and each other.
- Hold ourselves and each other accountable for our commitment to exceptional service.
- Be conscious of our communications, both verbal and non-verbal.
- Support each other.
V. Health and Safety
- Works in a manner that promotes safety.
- Participates in office training as required.
- Reports unsafe practices/equipment to office management.
Education and Training: Must maintain a current Texas Audiology license.
Experience: A minimum of one year experience as a practicing audiologist.
Knowledge and Abilities: Ability to work independently and cooperatively, set priorities and compete tasks; must be well organized and able to maintain accurate files. Follow-up on time sensitive information is critical. Possess excellent verbal, written, office technology and interpersonal skills; must be able to multi-task.
ORGANIZATIONAL DATA This is an exempt position, supervised by the Chief Operating Officer/Office Manager. This position has a “dotted-line” reporting relationship to the providers for clinical issues. This position does not directly supervise staff.
The above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and is not intended to be interpreted or construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skill required of personnel so classified. Nor is the above intended to be interpreted or construed as an employment contract. This job description does not change an employee’s at-will employment status.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com